Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Turn...

"If you want something done, you need to do it yourself.  If it is something that means something to you, take the reigns and run with it.  Do not let anyone tell you that it cannot be done or that it does not matter."

I believe now is a great time to decide that I am completely in charge of my life - yes, I knew this before - and get myself focused on some of my passions.  It is my turn to show the world, or little ol' Rochester, what I am made of and where my heart is in our community.  

Our LGBT Community is very visible in our area but here on campus, we no longer have a Campus Pride, our student run LGBT club.  I will, well should, only be attending this college for, at most, two more semesters, so I would like to see Campus Pride in full swing for the remainder of my time here.  

That being said, I am going to start knocking down doors and getting people rallied with me!  We, the student body, needs to have a voice and a universal place to be themselves on campus and to know that it is a "Safe Place."  Yes, I know that there are plenty of place on campus that are available as such a domain, but I would like to see a united front here again. 

I was told by a few of my buddies in another club that they have my back on this and they support me enough to stand up for Campus Pride, even though they may not fall into the LGBT community completely; having Allies is a great gift to anyone that is in "the family."

So, as I continue to persue my education, I am going to become more of an "activist," for lack of better term.  I'll keep you updated on the progress of Campus Pride!!



Closing Thoughts:  Lighting a fire within.   Lighting a fire on campus.  Plain and simple.

* ˚ ˚˚ ˛* 。 ˛°

No comments:

Post a Comment