Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Refocus & Redefine

"Stop letting men define who you are because right now they are treating you like a doormat." - J.D.  (August 31, 2011)

There are times that the statements that might just hurt the most if said by the wrong person, can be completely appreciated when told by the closest, most trusted friend.

I was blessed today to be able to have a long, open, honest conversation with one of my lifelong friends, J.D., whom I have always respected for her honesty.  She knows me as well as I know myself, and is always there for me when I need someone to lean on, no matter the situation.  Today, I found myself chatting with J.D. about the recent happenings that have overwhelmed my life, and that I have allowed to begin to steal my inner joy for life.  J.D. listened to what I was saying, understanding that my mind and heart were not on the same page, yet without hesitation she knew the right way to tell me that I need to refocus life and stop looking to other people to define the woman I am.

___

I have found myself, almost 5 months later, coming back to this particular post, just as I had left it... unfinished.  I find that it is meant to be incomplete, as most of my thoughts and feelings do not always have a final endpoint.  I feel that this post is best left as it is... unfinished and incomplete... because who said that every moment in life needs to find an end.

What J.D. said to me that day will forever be held in my heart.  Thank you for being such an amazing friend whenever I need one the most.  I know our friendship will never be incomplete...


Closing thought:  Be as unfinished as you need to be.  Plain and simple.

* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* 。 ˛°

No comments:

Post a Comment